Tiny Yorkie loses leg after venomous snake bite

Junior the Yorkshire terrier was bitten by an adder and has had his leg amputated

A Yorkshire terrier has had his leg amputated after being bitten by a venomous snake in the Scottish countryside.

Eight-year-old Junior was attacked by an adder while on a walk in Perthshire with owner Lucy Gordon and her two other dogs.

Junior is in a critical condition after being taken to the Edinburgh Veterinary School to have an anti-venom administered.

The tiny dog faces a fight to recover.

Lucy, 23, told BBC Scotland that Junior had been moved to their own vet in Aberdeen where the amputation took place.

19 Signs Your Dachshunds Want to Express Their Feelings To You

The 7 Best Things About A Yorkie